Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fortune Lake Lutheran Camp-- A place of grace.

This summer I worked at Fortune Lake Lutheran Camp in Crystal Falls, Michigan (in the Upper Peninsula) as a counselor (or cabin staff, if you prefer.) I worked from June to August, and it was such a GREAT summer! Fortune Lake is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world.  Pretty much everyone who has spent any time at all there, LOVES it. How could they not? It's A PLACE OF GRACE. :)

I love this place. Even looking at pictures of it warms my heart.

Fortune Lake is like a tradition in my family.  My grandparents (on my mom's side) went to Fortune Lake, my mom and her siblings went there, my mom worked there as a counselor, my parents were married there (and had their wedding reception there), my siblings (and cousins) and I have been campers there, and then of course this summer I was a counselor at Fortune Lake. :)

The greatest staff EVER in 2010.

Not only did I get to spend my summer at a place I love, doing something I love-- I got to spend it with some AMAZING people who I learned to love.  I got to meet and work with some of the most incredible, beautiful, wonderful people I've ever met.  We had SO many good times together! & They made my summer so memorable.  

Summer Staff of 2010

I feel like I found myself again this summer.  I was in my Happy Place all summer long. So naturally, I found my happy self. :)  After this summer, I'm happier than I've been in a while. And I believe I have Fortune Lake to thank. (Along with my CAMP GIRLS who were strangers that turned into my best friends in just a few short months.) 

We're the three best friends that anyone could have!
Not to mention all my other favorites!  :)

I love them!

Seriously, SUCH an AMAZING summer! I love camp! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment