Monday, November 8, 2010

JDRF Walk to CURE DIABETES

On Sunday I participated in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes.  I saw a commercial for it on TV and I know a few kids with Juvenile Diabetes, so I thought it might be fun to walk & help raise some money for the cure.  Originally I decided my fund-raising goal would be $50, but later decided to up it to $100.  The walk is over, but the fund raising still continues.  I've made it to $60, but I seem to be stuck there. :( I HATE asking people for money. Seriously, I'd be the worst salesperson ever. However, the money is not for me... it's for a GREAT cause! So come on people, pitch in! :) Do your good deed for the day & help scientists come closer to a cure for Juvenile Diabetes. Click here to Donate!


Sunday was a beautiful day for the walk.  It was rainy on a lot of the island, but at Kapiolani Park in Waikiki it was beautiful! :) A lot of people showed up, and it was a fun morning. They had Zumba to warm us up, cheerleaders to cheer us on, and even Star Wars storm troopers to give us a laugh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment